C
cleverwabbit
Junior member
- Joined
- Dec 15, 2012
- Messages
- 4
Hi All,
I am so glad to have found this board, I have an abcessed tooth that needs root canal and a crown lengthening that I am sick about. I am so worried about the procedure and the DDS office I go to is more like a dental factory, I have a DHMO and this is the only office in my area that isn't rated super poorly.
I don't really want to go here but my tooth is super painful and I don't know where else to go that I can afford. I don't want them to do a bad job and I am terrifed of having my gum cut and my bone shaved. ( my molar has a side cavity so it need more room for the crown to fit)
I don't know what to do. I dream of a day when I can go to a nice caring dentist who won't try to rip me off or ruin my teeth. I have all things dental, it is the bane of my existence.
My background-
I have a long sorrid past with bad dental experiences, just a sample -a botched root canal that resulted in the loss of my tooth to the dentist flirting with his assistant and damaging my nerve in my tooth as well as putting the crown on wrong. Both ended up at the dental board and both were ruled negligence but because I signed a treatment form they didn't have to take responsibility.
Anyway, each time I go to the DDS I have a inner breakdown. I don't trust them and have a hard time finding one that is covered by my insurance that isn't sketchy. I have caught them overcharging or trying to add on upgrades that I don't need or are part of the treatment. I am in a constant state of worry because I feel like I have to double check everything, to make sure I am not being taken. The DC has been there forever and is never helpful or educated about dental procedures as she should be. I know she hates me because I double check her numbers and have called her on her mistakes.
Anyway, I am totally freaked out. I can't take another dental nightmare, I already have one missing tooth that I can't afford to replace, and I am terrified about getting the work done.
Thanks for any advice or help.
I am so glad to have found this board, I have an abcessed tooth that needs root canal and a crown lengthening that I am sick about. I am so worried about the procedure and the DDS office I go to is more like a dental factory, I have a DHMO and this is the only office in my area that isn't rated super poorly.
I don't really want to go here but my tooth is super painful and I don't know where else to go that I can afford. I don't want them to do a bad job and I am terrifed of having my gum cut and my bone shaved. ( my molar has a side cavity so it need more room for the crown to fit)
I don't know what to do. I dream of a day when I can go to a nice caring dentist who won't try to rip me off or ruin my teeth. I have all things dental, it is the bane of my existence.
My background-
I have a long sorrid past with bad dental experiences, just a sample -a botched root canal that resulted in the loss of my tooth to the dentist flirting with his assistant and damaging my nerve in my tooth as well as putting the crown on wrong. Both ended up at the dental board and both were ruled negligence but because I signed a treatment form they didn't have to take responsibility.
Anyway, each time I go to the DDS I have a inner breakdown. I don't trust them and have a hard time finding one that is covered by my insurance that isn't sketchy. I have caught them overcharging or trying to add on upgrades that I don't need or are part of the treatment. I am in a constant state of worry because I feel like I have to double check everything, to make sure I am not being taken. The DC has been there forever and is never helpful or educated about dental procedures as she should be. I know she hates me because I double check her numbers and have called her on her mistakes.
Anyway, I am totally freaked out. I can't take another dental nightmare, I already have one missing tooth that I can't afford to replace, and I am terrified about getting the work done.
Thanks for any advice or help.
!!!!