• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dental work (with picture)

  • Thread starter Thread starter brownbag1
  • Start date Start date
B

brownbag1

Junior member
Joined
Jul 9, 2018
Messages
6
Hello,

My wife recently had a crown fitted on top of root canal and she’s come home to show me the work and I can’t help but think it is sub par. If you look closely there is a hole exposing the filling material and even the original tooth. It fits really poorly and the dentist insisted that she needed to have the tooth on her lower jaw ground down to make it fit.

I’m a very nervous patient and daren’t challenge the dentist and my wife is too but I wanted to gather other peoples opinions on whether this looks okay?
 

Attachments

  • 9E5A953F-8411-4FAB-B503-76CD12F764FD.jpeg
    9E5A953F-8411-4FAB-B503-76CD12F764FD.jpeg
    938.5 KB · Views: 31
@brownbag1 I'm no dentist or an expert in any way but if it were me, I'd be asking what on earth dentist had done and I certainly wouldn't have paid for it. I'd encourage her to go back to the dentist and request it be done again
 
Back
Top