• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dentist made tooth worse?

U

urbanhymns

Former Member
I went to the dentist last Summer and he filled one of my back teeth at the top of my mouth. It was a deep filling apparantly.
A month later the whole side of the tooth broke away when eating.
So I went back tio the dentist, he started drilling away and filled it again, VERY deep apparantly. He's said it won't last long and will need pulling out.

I'm now just starting to get pains in the tooth.
So I'm gonna phone the dentist and get the extraction over and done with.

I'm not scared or anything, just annoyed cos I never had any trouble with this tooth before he decided to fill it. I'm considering kicking up a fuss about it and try to get a free implant tooth in it's place cos it's the dentist that's ruined the tooth!

What do you think?

That is how all my problems started too. I don't know if I will ever be able to find out what he started. I had a tooth that was not bothering me and the dentist said I need to replace the filling. After that I had pain and he said I needed a root canal, the root canal failed and the tooth had to be extracted. A month later I got a gum infection and started having problems with the upper tooth (and still am). Had a root canal through my fixed bridge and the gum around the area is still infected. This is all since January. I hope you can get to the bottom of your problem. I am not doing well with mine.

:cheers:

I don't think the dentist gave him a deep cavity.

Back