• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums.

Dentist music

N

Nicky_Byrne_Fan

Nicky Byrne pelase tell me 'The Macdonald Brothers' is a typo!:censored: I agree with the Kaiser Chiefs, though. I couldn't bear to look any further down your list, in case you got 'Same Difference'... ;)

I have a root canal coming up so will probably put some stuff on an old MP3, rather than my i-pod, to keep it separate! I have some hippy dippy relaxation style stuff and Reiki meditations so will probably do them!

I did the Race For Life last year and my i-pod was what kept me running! When I got to the last part, Pulp's 'Common People' came on, and I ran hell for leather! Odd how powerful music is.
Haha! Nah mate, when i put my list on here, i didn't have 'Same Difference' but i do now! :p

P

Poodleoo

Haha! Nah mate, when i put my list on here, i didn't have 'Same Difference' but i do now! :p
It could be worse - you could have Diana Vickers.:D Mind you her wailing would certainly drown out the dentist's drill er sorry 'handpiece'.;)

N

Nicky_Byrne_Fan

It could be worse - you could have Diana Vickers.:D Mind you her wailing would certainly drown out the dentist's drill er sorry 'handpiece'.;)
Haha! Now that is true! How she ever made it through to the live shows i'll never know - there were much better people than her in her catergory! Thank god that she didn't win!

B

brewer734

Hey
My horrible original devil dentist when I was little always played opera and classical music and it used to freak me out something terrible. I still cant stand it just throws up horrific memories of him !!!
My fab new dentist plays everything from rod stewart to kings of leon and sings along while he's working on me hey he also likes to answer radio quizzes at the same time asking me if i know the answer.
The music can really help depending on what you like i feel relaxed with the radio or music i know !!
Love emma

G

globby

HAHA, i cant listen to music while in the dentist chair. I'd end up trying to sing and biting the dentist's fingers off!! :ROFLMAO:

alleyp

alleyp

I could write an essay on the music and bands I like.:D The top three bands on my list are Guns N roses, AC/DC, and Vanhalen. I am not really sure what my dentist plays because im always listening to my ipod there.
Van Halen and AC/DC might be doing Download festival this year...

I'm a little scared to ask to listen to music at the dentist. Last week they had some obnoxious pop radio station on, did not help me at all!

I suppose I'll take something with me, possibly KISS or Dresden Dolls or... I don't know!

Should avoid stuff I'm compelled to sing along too though... Right? :whistle:

R

RP

I've been using the b-calm dental sound file of a tropical beach on my ipod to fall asleep, it works. My dentist is getting the device so I am going to listen to it when the drill starts whirlling.

http://b-calmdental.com/?page_id=158