• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dentist tomorrow first time in 30 years ?

Good luck Jay. Hope all goes well tomorrow

Thanks Katie , really appreciate it,, never gets easy?..still have abit of dull pain from my wisdom extraction before Xmas, goes into my head sometimes ,, a mystery & just annoying ?, hopefully it settles aswell ... Hope u had a good Xmas to .... And all my fingers crossed your tooth settles vsoon aswell

Just looking forward to it being over , like we all do ..... & Thanks again ...iam sure I'll be on tomorrow at some stage ???

Yes let us know how it goes hopefully Andrew can see if it’s all healing well or whatever is going on with it. At least you’re going back and that’s a massive step.
Thanks I am back on 21st for check up but my regular dentist left in the previous lock down and I’m seeing a guy I’ve only seen once before . Getting a bit stressed already ?

Well the anxiety is on full flow now ???.. horrendous this every time ....wish I could re-wire myself tbh ?.... hate it ... Just want this done and home another 2 and a half hours of dread to wait for ????..... Ye I'll tell him first about the wisdom tooth side & let him check it before he starts other extractions at 2pm

Well the anxiety is on full flow now ???.. horrendous this every time ....wish I could re-wire myself tbh ?.... hate it ... Just want this done and home another 2 and a half hours of dread ????

I feel your pain trust me. I am a wreck before appointments and I started going 3 years ago, this was after over 10 years of not going at all. But I am still a mess in the days before/ already feeling bad about next Thursday ?? but we push ourself through it and know it’s for the best , it’s all we can do and try to encourage ourself and others as not going only leads to more worry and painful teeth in the long run. I always request morning appointments if I can. sometimes there’s not a choice and I know you said you’re nhs so might be a squeeze but you can always ask if there’s one. I find sitting waiting during the day for an afternoon appointment an absolute nightmare. I had my root canal one at 4pm! The waiting was awful ??

Yes let us know how it goes hopefully Andrew can see if it’s all healing well or whatever is going on with it. At least you’re going back and that’s a massive step.
Thanks I am back on 21st for check up but my regular dentist left in the previous lock down and I’m seeing a guy I’ve only seen once before . Getting a bit stressed already ?
Hopefully he's good Katie ? x...... Tbh doesn't matter what time for me I'll still be totally stressed and anxious lol ?. But Andrew usually is very quick doesn't let you hang around I've noticed , which is good .... And bad if you know lol ?... But hopefully be quick and painless.... Iam totally the same and iam a grown man ?...don't think I'll ever be at ease about it ..but maybe abit calmer when the work is all done ?

Hopefully he's good Katie ? x...... Tbh doesn't matter what time for me I'll still be totally stressed and anxious lol ?. But Andrew usually is very quick doesn't let you hang around I've noticed , which is good .... And bad if you know lol ?... But hopefully be quick and painless.... Iam totally the same and iam a grown man ?...don't think I'll ever be at ease about it ..but maybe abit calmer when the work is all done ?

Yes I hate the waiting room wait, just prefer to go straight in! I am 32 and have nearly 5 year old daughter . I tried to sort myself out for her. I didn’t go at all between 17-28 years old basically as soon as my parents weren’t taking me ? good luck and hope it goes smoothly!!

Yes I hate the waiting room wait, just prefer to go straight in! I am 32 and have nearly 5 year old daughter . I tried to sort myself out for her. I didn’t go at all between 17-28 years old basically as soon as my parents weren’t taking me ? good luck and hope it goes smoothly!!
Same with me , had a couple of not great experiences tbh ...I stopped when I was 13 & didn't go back until December there ? madness
Thanks again Katie x .. hopefully be ok .. I'll be back on when I home ??? to update

Back