• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Denture advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aalibobs
  • Start date Start date
Aalibobs, I was worried about the same thing... having a few pulled each time and then no teeth. My husband found a sedation dentist and to my surprise I will have instant dentures fitted while I’m still sedated. Then I’m to return the next day so they can check everything. Side note - for work reasons, I’ve scheduled my extractions on a Thursday, and I’m taking Friday off. The dentist’s office is not open on fridays, but they are coming in to check on me. Please see if you can find a dentist that will do sedation. I know this isn’t always possible, but how on earth can you be expected to got 2 months without teeth??
 
Aalibobs, I was worried about the same thing... having a few pulled each time and then no teeth. My husband found a sedation dentist and to my surprise I will have instant dentures fitted while I’m still sedated. Then I’m to return the next day so they can check everything. Side note - for work reasons, I’ve scheduled my extractions on a Thursday, and I’m taking Friday off. The dentist’s office is not open on fridays, but they are coming in to check on me. Please see if you can find a dentist that will do sedation. I know this isn’t always possible, but how on earth can you be expected to got 2 months without teeth??
It’s ridiculous, I’ve emailed some dental surgeries so I hope to get a dentist give me better option, just want to get it done with, having to find alternative dentist is dragging it out giving me too much time to worry about it all
 
It’s ridiculous, I’ve emailed some dental surgeries so I hope to get a dentist give me better option, just want to get it done with, having to find alternative dentist is dragging it out giving me too much time to worry about it all
I know. I hope you find a better solution.
 
Back
Top