• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Doctors do you have any advice for me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ang
  • Start date Start date
A

Ang

Junior member
Joined
Nov 13, 2009
Messages
4
I will be having 7 teeth extracted on Tuesday 3/9, actually four roots, crowns gone bad and 3 teeth. all in the front. All upper, will be getting an immediate denture.
#1. OS wants to just give me xanax and novacaine, .25mg. He feels that IV sedation is not worth the risk, since I am 73 yrs old. I am in good health, only condition I have is being hypothyroid.
#2. have a history of taking oral Fosamx for 2 1/2 years I stopped taking it in 2005, 4 1/2 years ago . OS says my risk of osteocronsis is VERY small, but of course it still worries me. I have read so much on this subject and most of it not good.
I am quite anxious and I wonder will the xanax do it for me.
and how do you feel about the risk of osteocronsis in general.
 
Xanax isn't available in the UK where I work, so I can't advise you.

The risk of osteonecrosis is very low in your case, almost not worth worrying about.
 
Thank you Gordan, at least I can feel a little better about my concerns.
as far a xanax, I suppose if it doesn't do the job, maybe he can have some nitrous oxide on hand. I guess that could help.
Thank you for your reply Ang
 
Back
Top