• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Due wisdom teeth removal

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kirsty123
  • Start date Start date
K

Kirsty123

Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2025
Messages
25
Location
United Kingdom
Hello all

I am 38 years old and I am due my upper right erupted wisdom tooth , upper right half broken at gumline 2nd premolar and my slightly partially impacted lower right wisdom tooth out on the 11th December under iv sedation…

I have very bad anxiety so I’m absolutely terrified of the whole procedure and I’m making myself very ill with worry.

I’m terrified of not being in control with the iv and terrified of not waking up properly or being so out of it that I Carnt tell them I can still feel it (like if the numbing shots don’t work)

I’m then also terrified of the recovery part. I’m not someone who is good with pain and any pain I get sets my anxiety off and I fear the worst. I’m terrified of the swelling being so bad it closes my throat up and I Carnt breath and I’m scared that I won’t be able to open my mouth and will choke to death if I need to be sick.

So yeah basically I’m very Terrified, also all I keep seeing is awful horror stories all over TikTok and online which isn’t helping.

Is there anyone out there that shares the same thoughts and has some good wisdom teeth removal experiences. I really need to calm myself down before I cancel the whole thing and have to wait months for another appointment.
 
Back
Top