• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Extraction tomorrow morning, REALLY freaked out

  • Thread starter Thread starter coraz9
  • Start date Start date
C

coraz9

Junior member
Joined
Nov 1, 2017
Messages
1
so i stumbled all the way over here, i'm awake and should be asleep for an early start tomorrow... distracting myself like it's not actually happening and then my heart races like it might just explode when i think about it... i'm just worried i might freak out tomorrow...or get an anxiety attack.

i'm having a baby tooth removed, to make way for an impacted canine...i think they attach a chain to it or something. yeah... i hardly pay much attention to whatever they say because it scares me silly...but it needs doing :/ ...

Anyways...
just need to let this out because i am truly thinking the worst (sounding as calm as i possibly can on here right now however) ...i have anxiety bad enough as it is, along with the adrenaline from the needle and what proceeds after...i hope my heart doesn't just go boom!

... by the way, i chose to remain awake...and i keep reading how this should have been done when i was a lot younger :(
 
Last edited:
Hi Coraz,

I think any procedure is scary, pulling /extraction is always scary too. Is this a new office/dentist? or one that you trust? Hopefully the needle can be a non event. now adays the dentist knows how to do with such minimal feeling and pain and hope they give you enough to make you plenty numb.. close your eyes and just focuse on something else.. yeah easier said than done :P. Let us know how it goest tomorow we will be thinking of you!
 
You are at the right place here, Coraz, and extractions are probably one of the scariest things that can happen in the treatment room so I totally understand that you are scared half to death.
By the way I also appreciate your courage to remain awake! You will be very proud of you afterwards.

There are lot of people in this forum who had extractions done and what they mostly write afterwards is that it wasn't as bad as they thought and it was very quick.

I hope you have a lovely patient dentist who really cares and makes it as easy as possible for you. Please, let us know how you are doing.
 
I had an extraction just over a month a go (my first one) and it was nothing like I expected. In fact it was much better than I expected and I really hope you feel the same way too once yours is done.

You can do it! The needles are the worst part for me and I had to have two injections but they were pretty quick and pretty painless for me. I felt a slight pinch when they went in but otherwise I just sat comfortably while the anaesthetic was being administered.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!!
 
I had baby teeth extraction (not decay) to make room for my adult teeth when I was younger, this was done at a dental hospital, first lot I was put to sleep, 2nd lot in two sessions I was not put to sleep. I was told as a child I could never carry 32 teeth so only have 27. (as my wisdom teeth not all have come through)

I had to have an adult tooth removed because I was in pain, and could not afford an emergecy root canal as this was not my normal dentist and the dentist at the pratice tried to charged me private rate, I was going away a few days later.

The adult tooth was much less painful than going to the dental hospital, I did not have bad dental anxiety as a child, I hated going to the dentist as a child but knew it had to be done, we would have been dragged there by our parents even more so than just taking us the dentist for checkups
 
Coraz,

Can you tell us how you are doing ? and how this went for you when you want! Hope all went well!!
 
Back
Top