• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Extreme pain after implant

J

jenny8484

I had an implant put in almost two weeks ago on a lower front tooth. I took prescription Motrin and penicillin for 10 days and then when that ran out I noticed that i began to get very bad throbbing pain in the area where I would have to continually take Motrin every few hours and the pain would return after it wore off. I went back to my oral surgeon yesterday and he said the implant site does not look infected or swollen, but gave me a prescription for amoxicillin and told me to come back in a week. I'm now up in the middle of the night with the same severe pain and just had to take more Motrin. If it were an infection, how long does it take for antibiotics to start working? I'm at the point where I just want the implant out if it means saving me from this pain.

expect antibiotics to help in 2-3 days

Back