• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Extremely nervous and paranoid

J

jatay1985

I posted this in another forum but was unable to post pictures (please no judgement). I have not been the best at my oral hygeine but lately. I feel I've been way better. Im aware of the tartar and that I need a good cleaning. I go Wednesday, as I've worked up the courage to go. I brush my teeth twice a day, use mouthwash twice a day, from there i use Periogen twice a day and top it off with flossing once a day. When I google gum disease, I see alot of stories about gum recession and discolored gums. It terrifies me. When i brush my teeth and floss, they dont bleed. I see thats a good thing but I cant help to just think that something may be wrong. I know i can do better with my teeth and ive been trying but the anxiety haunts me on a daily basis. Can anybody help me by looking at the pictures?

If you have zero bleeding, that is a good sign! Please try not to fear the worst. Many of us do, but without a proper professional examination, it's almost impossible to know the truth.

Also your pictures did not attach. If they are saved on your hard drive, you have to click the attach image button like so:

attachphoto3.jpg

And then click the "upload files" button (that does not look like a button, I know!) to actually attach it

attachphoto.jpg

And then you should have text appear in your post window that looks like this:

attachphoto2.jpg

And then once you click save, your photos should appear!

Thank you ? i tried posting them from the app but im not sure that is supported from this just yet