• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Facing my fears, with little apprehension thanks to these forums

D

DisneyMom

Well..l here I am, a day and a half away from having root planing and scaling done for the first time. Im not in *real* bad shape? but bad enough. Pockets 4, 5s and 2 7s. In need of a crown or root canal on a molar, and my last wisdom tooth that my Periodontist says is on its *last leg* (no pain, mind you... so think I shall wait on that) Due to the wonderful people on this forum, my anxiety isn't too bad. (I say that now LOL) I have no infection, just tartar buildup. I can handle this.. right?!??! LOL I keep thinking of the benefits of this procedure. I have had abscesses in the past, and that is not something I wish to experience again. Simple enough..albeit my anxiety. I have had enough dental work to fill a text book, so why am I apprehensive?? Me... just being a dummy. I do have to say, any dental procedure discomfort, is better than the pain we all can go through prior to any dental visit. So here I sit, with my low anxiety level (thank you all, so very much!!) preparing to face *the enemy*. On to better dental health!! Wishing you all positive outcomes and better days!!! :jump::jump::jump::jump:

Hi I just want to wish you all the best with your upcoming treatment GOOD LUCK :clover::clover::clover:

Keep that anxiety where it is, you are doing really well :you-rock::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::butterfly:

Thank you Carole!! You are such an Angel! Thanks to this forum... I'm good to go! I definately will post an update! Have a fabulous weekend!!!

Hope you're still feeling ok. :cool: I was just starting to get quite a bit of anxiety panic rising for treatment in a few days' time and you've just helped me calm down a bit too so thank you. Best wishes. :clover:

Hope you're still feeling ok. :cool: I was just starting to get quite a bit of anxiety panic rising for treatment in a few days' time and you've just helped me calm down a bit too so thank you. Best wishes. :clover:

Good luck for your up coming appointment :clover::clover::clover: :butterfly:

Less than 24 hrs away and Im actually doing OK :) Logically, I thought, I was being silly, but tell that to my anxiety LOL. I will be numb for the root planing and scaling, and inside of an hour, it will be over with, and I can feel safe to eat without getting food trapped in my gums and causing an abscess. Win situation! :) I will definately write about my experiences tomorrow afternoon. But, honestly, I'm just a tad nervous, but not at all anxiety ridden as I was. I am sure, you will do fine!! After you have your dental visit, make sure to pat yourself on the back, you deserve it!!

I hope you're very soon telling us how happy you are it's all done. :)

4 1/2 hours until my appointment and I'm doing OK :) I keep telling myself, in the grand scheme of things, this is small potatoes :)

Here I sit, close to 3 hours after my root planing and scaling.. and I have one thing to say.. What in the heck was I apprehensive about?!?!?!? OK, the numbing wasn't exactly a picnic, but two tiny pinches later, and I was completely numb. I had the upper and lower left side done. I can say this ... NO PAIN AT ALL!! The pocket depths I have are some 4, 5s and 2 7s. After about 1/2 hour after being numb, my Perio sent me on my way, with a pat on the back and *you did great!* I am scheduled to have the right side done April 28th. (The left side was the worse of the two, so I went ahead and asked him to do that first) I keep thinking how I won't fear gum abscesses anymore, since having this done. The weight off of my shoulders is incredible! If I can do this, you ALL can! :) Wishing you all great dental health!!! Thank you, for your support!!!

:yayy::perfect::claps::claps::claps: Really pleased for you :) I wish we could bottle that 'what's it all about?' feeling we get and start sipping it a few days before our next appointment. ;D Well done you.

Thank you so much!! I sure wish I could bottle that too and take a few sips April 28 LOL Im still feeling no pain in my gums, just one little spot where I got one of the injections, nothing an ibuprophen can't fix :)