• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Facing One Of My Fears Tomorrow.. Wish Me Luck.. :) x

L

laura..01

Hello..

Tomorrow I Am Going To The Dentist To Have A Chip Of A Tooth Removed That Contains The Roots.. I Have Been Refered For Sedation For This But I Really Want To Conquer This Fear Of Having A Needle.. I'm Really Scared & I'm Planning On Asking For The Numbing Gel For My Gums.. Does This Really Work Or Not..?? Need The Absolute Truth On This..!! Wish Me Luck Please.. :)

Laura..x

Numbing gel does work. Very well, in fact. It tastes very much like a candy bubblegum flavour (sometimes orange). The dentist will dab a bit on the gum leave it for a few minutes and you won't feel anything except your gums going dead.

Hello Graham..

Thanks For Your Reply.. :)
Tomorrow Is A Really Big Day For Me.. Im Going On My Own & I'm Very Nervous.. Let's Hope This Numbing Gel Really Works.. I Can't Remember If It Does From When I Was Younger..!!

Laura..x

all the best laura, you are being so very brave. i hope at some point i can follow your lead x

When your sedated properly, you don't care about the numbing injections, or anything for that matter.
That wasn't the case when i was sedated, but everyone is different.

Last edited:
Good Luck Zeldalover you will be ok.

Dave.:cheers:

I know exactly how you feel laura I'm in the process of serious dental work 10 fillings and have had 2 so far and had to get a tooth removed in december and i have a HUGE phobia of injections. I had my third injection today with the help of valium ;DI have never had gel but seriously if i can do it you sure can do it too. and to have no more toothache from the tooth is just the best feeling and when you walk out of that dentist you will feel 10 feet tall coz you have faced your fear head on. Good luck i don't think you even need it i know you can do it :jump: