• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

fear, anxiety, embarrased, and many many more things..

H

Haly

Hello hello to everyone, new to the site..and writting this while I lay in my sofa.. been in pain for 2 days now.. yesterday I contacted this dentist office to get a ASAP appointment.. terrify of course.. but I went to th office hadn't been in a dentist office for myself since like 4 years ago.. basically he was the worst dentist and assistants I have ever seen.. Omg they lectured me ..made me feel horrrible.. he didn't care about my pain of fear of pain.. he scraped few of my teeth just like that although I kept saying it was hurting me.. he said u need to come again.. I was like yea alright.. never went again... Now I'm depressed ..I look at other teeth and smile and I cry at night or when home alone.. I want to date again..smile and be able to live.. but i dis the first thing since I have a broken tooth on the upper side. Back ..is dark.. there used to be a filling there too..but is swollen and hurts.. I cried yesterday at the dentista office I told the assistant and the other girl asking me general questions thefear i have. nd how I was treated at another dentist office last time.. they were very nice.. and didn't make no faces.. dentist prescribed antibiotic for ten days t:cry:hn I have to go for full xrays.. then another appointment for the tooth extraction..

I actually asked a:(bout anything that won't make me feel that needle they use for anesthesi I fear that too.. I hate the drilling sound.. the girl told me doctor usually can prescribe a pill .. now I wonder how good is that.. do they still stick a needle to add numbness to the areas.. and would I feel it???? Does anyone know?? I know I need deep cleaning my teeth have glow plague in the back and u can see it in the front too like coming at the bottom.. also dark plaque really need to be put under something.. I know it will cost me. I don't have insurance.. will see if i can go under my jobs insurance next year in Feb and so lil now that I can pay not sure how. But I need to see how much can be done to give me some confidence till I get to smile again..

I had a pill that you take 1 the night before and one 1 hr before the appt. I think it kept me calm because I was a nervous wreck. Before the needles they numbed me with some kind of solution so although I could feel the needle it really didn't hurt, which made me very happy. Good luck

I had a pill that you take 1 the night before and one 1 hr before the appt. I think it kept me calm because I was a nervous wreck. Before the needles they numbed me with some kind of solution so although I could feel the needle it really didn't hurt, which made me very happy. Good luck

Oh, thats good to hear.. the receptionist said that it is a pill I take in the morning. I hope I feel the same way. Relaxe . now the pill does it cost too much..the dentist said I have periodontitis something like that. She still needs to check me further.. today thank god the antibiotic is working. Less pain.. the swollen has gotten down.. on the 16 I have an appointment.. forxray.. and more info.. about the stage of my teeth..

Still n fear- so that appointment I set for the 16th, I actually called today to make it for this week: Ugh-- I just need to know; but at the same time I dont want to know.. what is exactly that I have and how much can be done to make my tooth looking better so that I can smile again.

the pill in my case will be one hour before the appointment and then the other pill at the office I will take it. :cool:

Back