• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Feeling really miserable! Any suggestions to help welcome

C

csdodd80

Hello All

I had my right upper 2nd biscupid removed on Thursday. My 1st biscupid had a filling too.

The dentist advised I start flossing twice a day, brush twice a day and use Listerine gum defence because of periodontal disease. He didn't think it was necessary to pack the extraction site or give antibiotics.

I have followed his recommendations and also advice on here but over the last 24 hours I have developed a worsening sensitivity to hot, cold and now even lukewarm food and drink. My upper teeth are feeling highly sensitive and well, odd, and I have a vile metallic taste in my mouth all the time. I have taken paracetamol and ibuprofen to help but it is making little difference.

I don't smoke, haven't drunk alcohol and have been using salt water along side the flossing, brushing and Listerine and my mouth feels wrecked! :(

I am so miserable right now! I have the dentists in the morning but in the meantime can anyone recommend anything to get rid of this horrid taste and the sensitivity so I can at least try eat??

Many Thanks

Colleen

Which Listerine product are you using? I noticed the alcohol free one would leave an awful taste and after googling I noticed that a lot of people also do.

Hi there,

I am using the clear Listerine called Listerine Gum Treatment. It taste's a lot like Germoline!

Thanks

Colleen

Back