• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Feeling scared :(

S

Sara13697

Hey, so I feel feel very anxious about my dentist appointment and I can't sleep. So, I was supposed to get 3 fillings done a couple of months ago (around 4 months ago) but due to some circumstances I was unable to until finally I booked an appointment. But I feel very anxious because I feel like I left things too late and maybe a filling won't be enough, and I might need to get root canals done. The cavities are quite big now and very visible and have been there way before my previous dentist appointment 4 months ago so now I am panicking and getting really nervous. I am getting fillings on two of my bottom molars and one of the top teeth but unsure which one. I haven't had a filling done in 7-8 years so unsure about what to expect.

Do you think I will have to get root canals because of how long I delayed getting fillings done? Also, I feel nervous that I might need more treatment done and I might be overthinking because I do have bad anxiety... Any support and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :(

Hi Sara!
Decay does not move that quickly ...it’s actually a pretty slow process so it is unlikely that you will need anything more than fillings. As for what to expect, I have written a previous post on here explaining the procedure in detail. I will look and see if I can find it and attach the thread here for you to read.

Alas! I was able to find it! Read my response to this post (it’s the second post on the thread and explains in detail what will happen and what to expect):