• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Filling issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter Angie xo
  • Start date Start date
A

Angie xo

Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2018
Messages
73
I have filling but I've felt the last few days like when my tongue feels it something like the feeling of what popcorn getting stuck of something fills like, the tooth itself isn't aching or anything but next to the filling seems to be like a black spot

I'll upload a photo with this.. But is the the filling or?
I only had a check up last week too..
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20201112_121522.jpg
    IMG_20201112_121522.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
Any chance of a better photo?
 
Hope these are better sorry hard to get a good shot
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20201112_143243.jpg
    IMG_20201112_143243.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20201112_121301.jpg
    IMG_20201112_121301.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20201112_095446.jpg
    IMG_20201112_095446.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
This might be a better photo if you zoom in its at the side nearest the roof of my mouth
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20201113_104924.jpg
    IMG_20201113_104924.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
Sorry, still impossible to see for sure, does it still feel like something is stuck there? If yes, then probably you'd be better getting your dentist to look. There's certainly a bit of brown staining but whether that's decay or not you can't really tell by looking at a photo. Even an in focus one :-)
 
I rang the dentist and am down on a cancellation list to be seen 2 weeks otherwise, it still feels like there is yeah and it's like it's a part of the filling
 
I think this is a much better photo hopefully Gordon
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20201114_120123_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20201114_120123_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    1,015.2 KB · Views: 21
Yeah, it is. Doesn't look quite right, there's probably a small cavity in there. Sorry.
 
Feels like there is to..what do you think I should do, wait 2 weeks, because that's probably when I'll get to see the dentist they are so busy
 
2 weeks will be fine, it doesn't look urgent.
 
Is there anything I can do in the meantime for that bit of swelling and redness we can see at the bottom end of where the filling ends... I do feel that now I think, it's a dull ache feeling and probably because my tongue kept poking to begin with I've inflamed it myself more ?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20201115_131256.jpg
    Screenshot_20201115_131256.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 7
You could try getting hold of some Difflam spray and using that on the general area, or just good old hot salty mouthwash might help to reduce the inflammation a bit.
 
I was actually finding it quite sore, so I rung my dentist today see If I could send photos through email at least. And they are seeing me tomorrow, could be infected they suspect but won't know till checked. Thanks for your help so much
 
Back
Top