T
Thunderbird
Member
- Joined
- Feb 15, 2013
- Messages
- 32
Hey everyone,
so things have not gone as planned but I am proud of myself for doing the right thing.
I tried to to have a root canal on one of my back molars. That in itself was pretty intense when I realized that tooth was failing.
After having the pulp chamber cleaned out twice ( not a full root canal both times, first to remove the nerve and 2nd to replace the sedative dressing) the tooth eventually broke.
When to to an emergency dentist last Sunday. The tooth was causing me so much grief that I finally decided to have it removed.
I had to return yesterday for treatment for dry socket.
I found out what worked for me as a phobic was telling the dentist straight up: "Look, I'm absolutely terrified and I wouldn't be here in this chair at an emergency dentist unless I really need help"
and suddenly the emergency dentist suddenly was so kind to me.
And all I did was be honest about my fear. It was hard but it helped. The dentist understand where I was coming from. I thot I would get laughed at but he was very kind and sympathetic.
I had a crazy fever all Sunday but took the pain meds and anti biotics.
Then this emergency dentist who doesn't even really known me from Adam actually calls me today to see how I was doing.
Im still till slightly feverish but I'm glad I told that dentist the truth about my fear instead of just toughing it out. It helped my dentist treat me better cuz he knew what was going on.
so things have not gone as planned but I am proud of myself for doing the right thing.
I tried to to have a root canal on one of my back molars. That in itself was pretty intense when I realized that tooth was failing.
After having the pulp chamber cleaned out twice ( not a full root canal both times, first to remove the nerve and 2nd to replace the sedative dressing) the tooth eventually broke.
When to to an emergency dentist last Sunday. The tooth was causing me so much grief that I finally decided to have it removed.
I had to return yesterday for treatment for dry socket.
I found out what worked for me as a phobic was telling the dentist straight up: "Look, I'm absolutely terrified and I wouldn't be here in this chair at an emergency dentist unless I really need help"
and suddenly the emergency dentist suddenly was so kind to me.
And all I did was be honest about my fear. It was hard but it helped. The dentist understand where I was coming from. I thot I would get laughed at but he was very kind and sympathetic.
I had a crazy fever all Sunday but took the pain meds and anti biotics.
Then this emergency dentist who doesn't even really known me from Adam actually calls me today to see how I was doing.
Im still till slightly feverish but I'm glad I told that dentist the truth about my fear instead of just toughing it out. It helped my dentist treat me better cuz he knew what was going on.