• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Finally had my first dentist appointment since I was a teen

T

toothsome

After years and years of avoiding the dentist, and months of recent anxiety fearing the worst in my mouth, I finally plucked up the courage and got myself to the dentist! This website has been super helpful for finding tips to help myself through the visit. I did all my research, checked the dentist’s credentials online, sent them an email ahead of time letting them know of my anxiety regarding the visit, and loaded my iPod withHarry Potter to have something familiar to listen to.

I was able to get through the whole visit without stopping, except to put in my headphones. And when all was said and done, all I need is to have two cavities filled and my wisdom teeth extracted. I will be able to pay for the wisdom teeth with a payment plan and should be able to cover that in a few months. After months of imagining that my dentist was going to tell me I would need thousands of dollars of treatment or dentures etc, it ended up being a totally manageable treatment plan. And now I’m so happy I went and so relieved that my treatment needed is affordable.

Back