• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

fistula please advise

J

jules 68

Had a molar root canaled a year ago. Started getting a fistula on the gum above the tooth. Saw the dentist who said the infection was still there and removed the tooth 10 days ago. Still getting pus escaping through the fistula even after 10 days. Never had any antibiotics. Terrified of any more procedures, faint every time I'm in the chair. Please someone tell me antibiotics is all I need.

Hi jules. I can't promise that an antibiotic is all you need, but I am sure they will start there. That may clear up the problem. Call and get your antibiotics. Hopefully when you do you will feel better in a couple of days.

Hi guys an update, went back to dentist today she told me as long as the pus was escaping through the fistula there is nothing to worry about. Still not been given antibiotics at all. Is this normal when having a tooth out? How long aftr tooth extraction should it heal up enough for the fistula to close?

I know nothing about Fistulas following extraction but had one with tooth abcess and I was too told that if infection is draining in such a way it won't cause any pain/problems. I guess it's a wait and see case. I would want answers if it hasn't gone within a week.

Best wishes

Back