• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Possible abcess (fistula) please help

  • Thread starter Thread starter s10ehhhhh
  • Start date Start date
S

s10ehhhhh

Junior member
Joined
Nov 29, 2011
Messages
2
Recently my gums behing my last molar on the top left have become a little sensitive, upon futhur investigation, it look like a zit looking pimple has appeared, i've done a little research and it might be an abscess (fistula), please see the pic attached!

as you can see the tooth is in pretty poor shape, it has already had a root canal over 5 years ago. a couple of years ago the dentist did see a little shadow under the root in the xray, she said we would have to monitor to see if it gets worse. So obviously it is now worse

can anyone tell me if this is infact an abscess or fistula, what would be my options, can this be fixed through redoing the root canal, or surgery, or as last resort extraction

I am worried that this infection will get into the blood stream and cause infections all over.. I have a dentist appointment next week, so I'm trying to get all the info possible on the matter

Thanks in advance

image.jpeg
 
can this be fixed through redoing the root canal, or surgery, or as last resort extraction

You got it, and in that order. If it is a chronic apical abscess the infection has found a way out of your body through your gums so you don't need to worry about it getting into your bloodstream.
 
Another question, on extraction,

I have an underbite, so my bottom last molar bite up and aligns against the 2 top last molars. If I have that top molar extracted, the bottom molar would still bite against the remaining molar, although only about a third of botttom tooth would touch the top tooth.

can this work, would I eventually have shifting issues? I dont want to get an implant

thanks in advance
 
Back
Top