• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

front of molar cracked off after filling :(

L
Hey,

It's been about a month since I had a deep filling done on a deep cavity on my lower right side molar, for a few weeks it was fine then a bit chipped off, I went back to the dentist and they just drilled it down ever slightly and it was fine. This morning I was eating my cereal and I felt something looked in the mirror and a bit of the front has cracked off, the filling is fine when she did the filling it was way over filled so I hope it just cracked off due to that and I'll get no further issues. But now I'm absolutely terrified that the lot will break apart and come out :(

Am I being paranoid or what should i do?

Hey,

It's been about a month since I had a deep filling done on a deep cavity on my lower right side molar, for a few weeks it was fine then a bit chipped off, I went back to the dentist and they just drilled it down ever slightly and it was fine. This morning I was eating my cereal and I felt something looked in the mirror and a bit of the front has cracked off, the filling is fine when she did the filling it was way over filled so I hope it just cracked off due to that and I'll get no further issues. But now I'm absolutely terrified that the lot will break apart and come out :(

Am I being paranoid or what should i do?

you need to get back to the dentist as soon as possible and until you do try not to chew on that side at also it doesn't break worse. Your tooth can likely be saved by getting a crown as soon as possible

you need to get back to the dentist as soon as possible and until you do try not to chew on that side at also it doesn't break worse. Your tooth can likely be saved by getting a crown as soon as possible
I did go before and she said I don't need to redo the filling and it's only cracked a tiny but more where it was overfilled it hasn't all come off and the filling is secure

Back