R
Rude
Junior member
- Joined
- Sep 21, 2014
- Messages
- 6
Hello, great forum!
I lost my front upper tooth due to trauma (Knee to the face). Living in a border town and lacking funds to pay for price, I went to mexico to get an implant placed. Now I spoke to 3 dentists here in the states and they all said I had thin bone.
I got the implant placed with the promise from my doctor that in 4 months he would place the healing collar. 4 months later when doing the torque test he said the implant slightly moved, wait 2 more months, we both agreed that would be for the best. 2 months later, he takes an xray says he will complete the task but notices in the xray there is black shades, that I would possibly need a bone graft.
So I go for the collar to be placed, when he uncovers it. I notice he say not good, and he then proceeds to give me a bone graft. He takes pictures of the area and points I have loose threads on my implant. That about 50% is intingrated and the other 50% is outside of the bone. We will now wait 6 weeks to see if my body takes in enough bone to then finish the process (place healing collar, molds, etc) if not then remove the implant and start over.
I have never heard of this (doing a bone graft after the implant has been placed). What are my chances for this bone graft to be successful so my implant wont fail? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated, I have attached a picture of how it looked before he did the bone graft.
I lost my front upper tooth due to trauma (Knee to the face). Living in a border town and lacking funds to pay for price, I went to mexico to get an implant placed. Now I spoke to 3 dentists here in the states and they all said I had thin bone.
I got the implant placed with the promise from my doctor that in 4 months he would place the healing collar. 4 months later when doing the torque test he said the implant slightly moved, wait 2 more months, we both agreed that would be for the best. 2 months later, he takes an xray says he will complete the task but notices in the xray there is black shades, that I would possibly need a bone graft.
So I go for the collar to be placed, when he uncovers it. I notice he say not good, and he then proceeds to give me a bone graft. He takes pictures of the area and points I have loose threads on my implant. That about 50% is intingrated and the other 50% is outside of the bone. We will now wait 6 weeks to see if my body takes in enough bone to then finish the process (place healing collar, molds, etc) if not then remove the implant and start over.
I have never heard of this (doing a bone graft after the implant has been placed). What are my chances for this bone graft to be successful so my implant wont fail? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated, I have attached a picture of how it looked before he did the bone graft.