• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Had root canal. Crown fell out. Waiting for extraction. Maybe infected...

V

Veck12

Had root canal. Crown fell out. Waiting for extraction. Maybe infected...

Had root canal/crown fitted 12 years ago. Crown fell out in November. Dentist said too much decay..needs extraction. Got appointment with consultant in February. The temporary filling he put in fell out.

There is now slight swelling and mild pressure/discomfort around all my gums. (No pain)

Has bacteria/food got in there and caused an infection? What should I do?

Thank you!

Re: Had root canal. Crown fell out. Waiting for extraction. Maybe infected...

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

Go back to the dentist, the tooth needs another temp filling in it, or removing if that is the plan of action. Or some antibiotics if it is infected. :butterfly:

Thank you. Will do.

Does anyone know the waiting times for oral surgery at hospital?

I got referred in early November. I have an appointment to see consultant in early February. How long after this will the surgery be done?

Just wondering whether it might be better to borrow money and go private.

If you are in the UK you are supposed to be seen within 18 weeks, but as you already have an appointment for Feb it shouldn't be too long after that when the tooth is extracted. It could be 4 to 6 weeks though it just depends how quick they do things.

In the meantime go to see your dentist and get some antibiotics if it is an infection to keep the infection at bay until you are seen and have the tooth removed.

All the best to you :grouphug::grouphug::butterfly:

Unbelievable. My appointment with Consultant was cancelled via text message with less than 24 hours notice - due to "Doctor illness". They said they will re-arrange appointment asap. It's been impossible to get through on the phone.

Does anyone know how long that should be? Do I go to the back of the queue? Does anyone have any experience of Romford Hospital? I've been reading bad things about it.

Back