Arthur_Dental
Member
- Joined
- Jan 12, 2006
- Messages
- 59
- Location
- Norfolk, (Not Virginia!), UK
Please excuse the title, but its a way of grabbing attention, don't you think? Just thought I'd let those of you in the title know that my consultant's appointment has actually been brought forward to this Wednesday! Now I'm panicking though, yes it's good news, but having had one doctor (at my surgery) and one dental nurse (on a helpline), tell me that they don't think anything can be done for my gagging problem, I'm scared
that she might actually agree with them.
The problem is still changing though, as I now also have sore lumpy spots appearing under my tongue! I think my mouth is trying to make sure that the consultant will find something wrong with me! I'm keeping my
that I will get some kind of good news. BTW, hope Chicago was fun! Roll on St. Patrick's Day. ![Drunk [smiley=drunk.gif] [smiley=drunk.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/drunk.gif)
that she might actually agree with them.
The problem is still changing though, as I now also have sore lumpy spots appearing under my tongue! I think my mouth is trying to make sure that the consultant will find something wrong with me! I'm keeping my
that I will get some kind of good news. BTW, hope Chicago was fun! Roll on St. Patrick's Day. ![Drunk [smiley=drunk.gif] [smiley=drunk.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/drunk.gif)
![Group Hug [smiley=grouphug.gif] [smiley=grouphug.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/grouphug.gif)
I had a beer before the flights, but than sat on the runway waiting to take off. I didn't notice discomfort though.
Believe me I totally understand the waiting and trying to find out what is going on. Best of luck to you. I am keeping my fingers crossed
and all the others too! I wish it was this time tomorrow, but I'll try to keep my chin up, I'm really glad I found this site, I don't think I could get through without it. Only 13 hours and 20 minutes to go... ![Hiding behind the sofa [smiley=hiding.gif] [smiley=hiding.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/hiding.gif)
PHEW!!!, that's over with, now I can breathe again. Well, it's a tale of two halves, on the one hand, I wasn't laughed at, or virtually ignored, like I feel I have been in the past. On the other hand, I had an X-ray and a blood test, the X-ray shew nothing unusual, and the blood test I have to wait for the results of. (Funny thing is, I have to go back in 4 weeks, on the same day and at the same time as my original appointment!) However, I don't hold out much hope of the blood test showing anything up as every blood test I have ever had, has been negative, even when there is something wrong. But at least, the future looks bright, no I have had nothing done and there is no idea what it could be yet. But yes, I have been promised that 'we' will keep trying to find out what it could be and 'maybe' something could be done to treat it, what that could be though is well, your guess is as good as mine...At least she didn't call me 'Sweet Pea' lol!
(Ignore me everyone, it's just the tongue symptoms talking). I'm off to get