• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Hayfever and IV Sedation

T

tooscared

This may be a silly question, but as Wednesday draws nearer to my iv sedation and 9 extractions, I am having all sorts of strange worries.

I suffer from hayfever and on Wednesday the pollen count is supposed to be very high. My question is, will this be a problem when I have my iv sedation. Will I end up having a sneezing fit whilst my dentist is doing my extractions?

Also, once my extractions are done, how will I be able to cope with my sneezing fits? Will this be a problem with the healing process and clots forming?

As I said, I know this is a bizarre subject but it's playing on my mind somewhat.

Any help would be appreciated.

Not a problem with the sedation, you won't sneeze so much when you're sedated, it won't be a problem with the healing afterwards either.

Hayfever is a PITA for RA sedation, but that's another story!

Thanks for you prompt reply Gordon, but what on earth does PITA for RA sedation mean? What does it stand for so I can google it.

PITA=Pain in the a**
RA= Relative Analgesia (using nitrous oxide as the sedation agent)

Really nothing to do with your question, just a general observation :)

Oops, thanks Gordon! :)