• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Help! 6 root canals upcoming. ? About deep sedation.

B

Brimstone14

Having 6 root canals/crowns done soon. My dentist has deep sedation, not IV. Anyone have experience with this? Thank you in advance, I’m getting nervous.

Hi Birmstone14,

I am not sure what you mean by deep sedation, if it is not IV. As far as I know there is IV sedation or general anesthesia. Do you mean that maybe?

All the best wishes

Hi Birmstone14,

I am not sure what you mean by deep sedation, if it is not IV. As far as I know there is IV sedation or general anesthesia. Do you mean that maybe?

All the best wishes
They give you three pills when you get to the dentist, one of them is triazolam, lorazepam and I’m not sure what else.

Ok, so you are given pills. I don't have any experience myself, but you can read some details about this type of approach here:

Tomorrow is the big day, if it’s not too much trouble say a little prayer for me. I hope I don’t die. I will let you know how it goes ?

Brimstone..

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and will say a prayer... any special time? We are with you and believe everything will be ok.. :grouphug:

Update! Wow! If anyone has any question about oral sedation let me put your fears to rest. I was scared when I got there, took the pills and sat in the low lit room about 40 minutes, then the next pill was mashed up and put under my younger.. and then I woke up in my bed! No pain! Apparently the only funny thing I said to the dentist was I felt “buttery” lol thank you all for your support

Under my tongue that should have said

That is great! I am glad it went well.

:jump::jump::jump: yeah, that fantastic news! Give yourself a huge pat on the back! Sounds like it was quite powerful stuff you got. Take care!

Back