• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Help!! In pain and dentist can't figure out why!!

D

Dansdoll511

About a week ago when eating some ice cream I had some extreme sensitivity in my upper tooth next to my front one. This tooth goes behind the front one a bit. So I flossed and brushed with Sensodyne. This week starting Monday. I've been getting a horrible burning sensation in that tooth. It will last for awhile and goes away then comes back full force. Been to the dentist twice and he says he sees nothing that would cause that oain. And today I went in telling him my gums feel like the are inflamed or swollen and he says they aren't. Room temperature water hurts anything acidic hurts and even salt water and the tooth paste hurts. I'm really frustrated. Please help. I can take a picture if that would help.

Ps it feels like the back if the tooth is hurting as well as the gums behind and in between. He can't find anything. Even xrayed them.

How do I add a picture ?

Dentist says there is a small gum line cavity starting there but it would be causing all that pain :(

There's definitely a cavity there, get it fixed and see what happens?

Have you had any teeth extracted recently?

Nope. No teeth pulled recently. Some are needed. I thought the cavity might be what's causing the pain but he said no. He's really focused on getting to my extraction on the bottom :p. He also said he thinks I'm clenching and grinding my teeth. I have noticed today that my lower teeth hit the back of that tooth that is slightly behind the front. It's a little better today but cold water is still very ouchie :(

Back