• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Help! My blood clot fell out!

H

Harley

I had a few teeth extracted on Thursday and they took 2 days to stop bleeding. I just woke up with a mouthful of fresh blood and choking as the blood clot had become dislodged. I packed some gauze in quickly and am currently biting down.

its Sunday here so dentist is closed. Is this normal? Do I just have to start again? I don't have any dramatic pain at the moment.

thanks!

Hi you have done the right thing by making a pack and biting down to stop the bleeding. It is a good thing that you don't have any pain. Tomorrow ring the dentist and explain what has happened, they will probably have you go in to see them to make sure things are okay.

All the best to you, let us know how you get on please :thumbsup::butterfly:

Thank you Carole :) I just fell asleep for a little while and all the bleeding has stopped again. I'll give the dentist a call in the morning as advised. So annoying, I was just beginning to feel a little better and not fretting constantly about knocking the darn blood clots out. The back molars seem to be doing well though, it's just the top one next to my canine that's misbehaving.

I'm going to eat the biggest burger when they're all healed and before he takes 3 teeth on the left side :(

It could be that the clot was ready to come out, normally 72 hours after extraction you are safe from dry socket and as you have no pain things sound okay but best to check with the expert that can have a look to make sure.

Enjoy your burger when you have it :butterfly:

Hi Harley

It sounds like it should be OK, if you are having no pain and it has stopped bleeding but I would call the dentist tomorrow just to set your mind at ease.

Enjoy that huge burger and don't forget to let us know what it tasted like :)

Kind Regards