• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Help needed please

E

Eastender34

Hi I recently developed a abscess and the whole left side of my face swelled up huge and was I admitted to hospital, I had my bottom left wisdom tooth removed and the molar in front of it removed aswell also the abscess was drained all of the was done under general anaesthetic , it has been a week now and I have started to try to eat food I can chew again but I am experiencing a lot of pain from the 1 remaining molar on the same side the other 2 were taken out , it feels when I chew down that the top teeth make contact with this molar 1st and all the pressure is going on to that and makeing it very sore , does anybody no if I will be able to get this fixed and how it would be done , would I go back to the hospital or contact a dentist? I haven’t been for 20 years so I really have no idea what to do , thanks in advance

Hi,

In case there is too much pressure on a specific spot it is possible to shave off the upper and/or lower tooth. Usually it is done without anesthesia because it is very superficial and not painful at all.

Hi,

In case there is too much pressure on a specific spot it is possible to shave off the upper and/or lower tooth. Usually it is done without anesthesia because it is very superficial and not painful at all.
Thank you for your reply , could I also ask , it has now been 10 days since the tooth removal and abscess drain and I still have a really hard lump on my jaw , it does not hurt when I press it , do you no how long this should be there for at the most please

Hi there

We've got a thread about lumps and bumps here: https://www.dentalfearcentral.org/forum/threads/pointy-bits-and-lumps-after-extractions.28133/

From what the dentists on here have said, it usually takes gum tissue about 3-4 weeks to heal. The hole in the gum can last for up to 3 months, and the bone can take up to 6 months to heal completely.

You were asking who to contact with your questions and concerns - in the normal way, it would be the dentist who treated you, because they are the ones who are familiar with your case and what exactly was done. So in this case, the dentist who treated you at the hospital ? .

That’s for that info it has definitely put me at ease

Thanks I mean

Back