• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Help! Terrified of needle, and won't take Gas! Root Canal, three cavities SEVERE HELP!

D

DentalPhobicMess

Help! Terrified of needle, and won't take Gas! Root Canal, three cavities SEVERE HELP!

Hi..Uhm..Well..I bailed out on my last appointment again..Even having two friends with me..Well..Chasing after me..Uhh..I'm afraid of the numbing needle, however I'm also terrified to be gassed..I hear you can slip in & out of the gas..I want to actually do an IV sedation, rather then gassing..I want to have the three cavities, and Root canal done all at the one appointment..Uhh..Well..I live in Morris County, New Jersey..Anybody know what office I could goto for an IV sedation appointment..? Much appreciated..Thanks..This fear is seriously tearing me apart, emotionally, and I feel humiliated because of how many times I've bailed on the same appointment, four different offices..My father is yelling at me, because I didn't get it done..Please help me..Thanks....

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Help! Terrified of needle, and won't take Gas! Root Canal, three cavities SEVERE HELP!

I'm curious..if you are too terrified to have a numbing injection, why would you want IV sedation..which requires a needle in your hand or arm?
Also curious why you won't take gas. I had a tooth pulled (first ever) with nitrous and a numbing injection. It was actually a piece of cake. The nitrous gives you an extremely relaxed floating sensation. I didn't even feel the injection or the extraction.
Seriously, the fear is far worse than the experience. :XXLhug:

Back