• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

HELP!!unsure about molar extraction is it infected?

O

Olivi@123

I got a molar removed on a few days ago and I flashed a light to check I it was doing ok. I've done everything I'm supposed to and even skipped classes to relax and stay home. I'm really really freaking out because the tissue in the hole is grey and whitish. Is it infected??? On the tips of my roots when they took it out they claimed to have seen a little bit of infection and so they put me on 600 mg of ibuprofen and 500 mg of penicillin vk
To hopefully wash it out. Am I ok???

Generally if you are not in a lot of pain and you don’t have a fever, the white stuff will be granulation tissue which is a normal and healthy part of the healing process. If you have a fever or increasing pain, you should call the dentist who did the extraction.

I have the same question it’s just mines looks like a greenish yellow color where the blood clot was but minor to no pain with it

Back