• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Home care for loose teeth that fall out

  • Thread starter Thread starter randomsdn
  • Start date Start date
R

randomsdn

Junior member
Joined
Mar 13, 2026
Messages
4
Location
usa
I can't go to the dentist. But how can I handle loose teeth that fall out at home? I still have responsibilities.

1. How can I eat (I have major blood sugar problems needing me to eat frequently)? What can I eat?

2. How can I safely keep my mouth clean and prevent infection? I have black tea bags, gauze, and manuka honey.

3. Can I talk or do light walking for errands (I have people to look after)

4. Can I safely drink water and other fluids too? My health problems also require a lot of fluid.

thank you so much for your time!
 
If they fall out your problem with them ends. If they're loose then there's not much you can do which will make things worse.

1) Soft foods like stews and soups. Well cooked pastas and rice dishes. Just try to maintain as well balanced a diet as you can.

2) Brush as best as you can. Do NOT use honey. Be aware you'll at best be buying some time.

3) Sure, why not?

4) Sure, again why not?
 
@Gordon But what is wrong with honey? Thank you for your time!
 
It's probably the most cariogenic (causing tooth decay) stuff available. A little bit now and again is OK but eating a lot of it on a regular basis will cause lots of decay.
 
Back
Top