• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

horrible toothache

  • Thread starter Thread starter realness
  • Start date Start date
R

realness

Junior member
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
3
I've had a toothache for a few weeks on and off. However, last week it got worse and the pain has been unbearable. I finally got some sleep last night though! It's like the whole left side is in pain and makes my ear hurt as well. At some points my gums are extremely sensitive which takes it to a whole other level. Orajel and ibuprofen only help a little here and there. I know I need to go to the dentist, which hopefully I can get in tomorrow. But I'm so scared, and it's been about 6 years since my last visit and I was in high school so my mom was with me which made me feel a little better. The pains gotten to points where I break down in tears and I don't wanna embarrass myself in front of the dentist.
 
Dentists are used to patients crying, both from pain and from fear. Crying is a natural response to both, so no one would judge you.

It sounds like you have an infection. You may get prescribed antibiotics. They may want the infection to clear before they do any treatment on the problem tooth.

Hang in there. It's always scarier in our head than in real life. You'll be fine :)
 
When I'm in pain leading up to an appointment, I try to remember that the end result of the appointment will be an end to the pain I'm in. Good luck!!
 
Dentists are used to patients crying, both from pain and from fear. Crying is a natural response to both, so no one would judge you.

It sounds like you have an infection. You may get prescribed antibiotics. They may want the infection to clear before they do any treatment on the problem tooth.

Hang in there. It's always scarier in our head than in real life. You'll be fine :)

Thank you so much Sevena:)
 
When I'm in pain leading up to an appointment, I try to remember that the end result of the appointment will be an end to the pain I'm in. Good luck!!

Thank you! That's exactly what I keep telling myself!
 
To get relief from pain dentist is your best friend. It sounds like an infection in your mouth so initially they might prescribe you antibiotics after initial screening to dry out infection and then proceed with the treatment.
 
Back
Top