ririlu
Member
- Joined
- Sep 24, 2026
- Messages
- 38
- Location
- USA
I have scar tissue in my palate from having Cleft Palate/Cleft Lip surgeries. Palate injections for me have been very painful. A few years back, I only had one dentist for one visit, that was able to inject so that it didn't hurt. That dentist has long since graduated from the dental school. Her technique was to inject "very, very slowly". I recently addressed the issue during my first surgery for my current treatment plan. The dentist that is supervising my dentist at the dental school told her to inject slowly and left the room. My dentist seemed to go a little slower but it still brought tears to my eyes.
In just a few weeks when my next surgery comes up, do you think it would be okay to ask the supervising dentist to do the palate injections? I think they probably won't do them and will just, once again, tell my dentist to inject slowly and leave the room again.
I feel like I'm making a big deal out of this and I should just shut up and put up with the pain because I put up with it the last time. I should just deal with the tears that come into my eyes and understand that it will be over in a bit of time.
I feel like a cry baby. It's not comfortable saying that my doctor didn't do such a good job with the injections last time as she is standing next to me and will be doing most of the surgery with the supervisor sometimes not present. It's uncomfortable choosing to report that she didn't do will. A part of me likes the person part of her.
The thing about injections is that when you feel pain, the dentist can't just stop in the middle to stop the pain. They can't just pull the needle out or start over again. I feel trapped with the pain
In just a few weeks when my next surgery comes up, do you think it would be okay to ask the supervising dentist to do the palate injections? I think they probably won't do them and will just, once again, tell my dentist to inject slowly and leave the room again.
I feel like I'm making a big deal out of this and I should just shut up and put up with the pain because I put up with it the last time. I should just deal with the tears that come into my eyes and understand that it will be over in a bit of time.
I feel like a cry baby. It's not comfortable saying that my doctor didn't do such a good job with the injections last time as she is standing next to me and will be doing most of the surgery with the supervisor sometimes not present. It's uncomfortable choosing to report that she didn't do will. A part of me likes the person part of her.
The thing about injections is that when you feel pain, the dentist can't just stop in the middle to stop the pain. They can't just pull the needle out or start over again. I feel trapped with the pain
