• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How long can a filling be left for

C

Coldste

Need two small fillings in my upper right and left molars except I’m terrified of having a needle, how long can I put it off for as I can get an appointment for January 8th, is that safe to leave it till then only I’m terrified of going to the dentist

Hi if you have seen a dentist and they have told you that they are only very small fillings then you may not even need an injection.
If you do need an injection the dentist can inject you and you shouldn't feel it at all. If they do it really slowly you won't even feel it, you could ask the dentist to use gel that they rub on your gums before injecting as well. This gel called topical numbs the gums before they use the needle.

If you know that they are small fillings they will be fine until January as long as you are not in pain. Keep your mouth clean and take greater care on these teeth. :butterfly:

Hi if you have seen a dentist and they have told you that they are only very small fillings then you may not even need an injection.
If you do need an injection the dentist can inject you and you shouldn't feel it at all. If they do it really slowly you won't even feel it, you could ask the dentist to use gel that they rub on your gums before injecting as well. This gel called topical numbs the gums before they use the needle.

If you know that they are small fillings they will be fine until January as long as you are not in pain. Keep your mouth clean and take greater care on these teeth. :butterfly:

Thanks a lot :XXLhug:, went for the six monthly check up today, and he did say “they where small but they were in the easiest part of the mouth” I think it’s my molars, anyway I didn’t even know I had them until the check up so I’ll bear that in mind and I use corsodyl ultra clean toothpaste and mouthwash every day

I would think that you will be fine then until the new year but don't leave it too long into the New year because they are the smallest of jobs at the minute so very easy for both you and the dentist, if left for months they may become bigger and start causing problems.

If they are so small chances are your dentist can do them with out an injection. Have a word with them and explain how you feel and see what they say, don't let this worry you over the holidays.

Stay safe and have fun Merry Christmas :xmastree::plays::butterfly:

I would think that you will be fine then until the new year but don't leave it too long into the New year because they are the smallest of jobs at the minute so very easy for both you and the dentist, if left for months they may become bigger and start causing problems.

If they are so small chances are your dentist can do them with out an injection. Have a word with them and explain how you feel and see what they say, don't let this worry you over the holidays.

Stay safe and have fun Merry Christmas :xmastree::plays::butterfly:

Thankfully I've booked an appointment for the 8th of January, but if I get to nevous I’ll phone up and see if there’s anything they can do, and you to have fun Merry Christmas

Hey all just a quick update I’ve had two fillings and surprisingly it wasn’t as bad as I thought, just waiting for gums to de num now but other than that it went ok

Hey all just a quick update I’ve had two fillings and surprisingly it wasn’t as bad as I thought, just waiting for gums to de num now but other than that it went ok

Well done for getting these teeth fixed.

Back