• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How long to stay on antibiotics after 2 wisdom teeth removed

J

jr70895

Dentist put me on Clindamycin 150 mg taking one every 6 hours. He started them 1 day before extracting 2 wisdom teeth. Had teeth removed and have been on these for a total of 5 days, 1 day before and 4 days after surgery. Have not had any pain at all, have taken over the counter pain pills every 5 hours alternating Aleve, Advil, and Excedrin as a precaution along with the antibiotics. Can I stop taking them, I do have 8 left and would like to save them. The only issue I have had is diarrhea and as mentioned no surgery pain....

I'm not a dentist but what are your instructions? Usually with antibiotics you are supposed to finish the whole course.

It is important that you finish the course of antibiotics, or you could have wasted your time taking the ones you have and have to start a whole new course if problems happen later.

Yes agreed when I was put on antibiotics I was told to finish them as I had an infection at the time I did the same thing you want to do I stopped taking them as I thought that it was over and I could stop little did I know that a few days later my cheek was swollen again so I got back on them and finished it point is dont stop taking them trust me I know

Back