• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Oral Surgery--how long before to stay away from baby aspirin etc.

F

FearGoAway

I have to have 3 teeth pulled at the end of the month. I can't get a straight answer. I googled and asked the receptionist. The office said I can still use tumeric and ginger and my Omega 3s. But when I googled it they're all blood thinners. They wouldn't tell me what to do about the baby aspirin. I take it for heart protection. Up until recently my eating habits were terrible, but trying to eat healthier. I will stop the 2 baby aspirin 4-5 days before, but what about the other things. Then I googled and says, not to have green tea or caffeine. OMG, so confused. I don't want to have difficulty having the bleeding stopping, or forming a blood clot.

I have to have 3 teeth pulled at the end of the month. I can't get a straight answer. I googled and asked the receptionist. The office said I can still use tumeric and ginger and my Omega 3s. But when I googled it they're all blood thinners. They wouldn't tell me what to do about the baby aspirin. I take it for heart protection. Up until recently my eating habits were terrible, but trying to eat healthier. I will stop the 2 baby aspirin 4-5 days before, but what about the other things. Then I googled and says, not to have green tea or caffeine. OMG, so confused. I don't want to have difficulty having the bleeding stopping, or forming a blood clot.

I just had an apicoectomy on Friday. I was told to stop taking ibuprofen, aspirin, or any other blood thinner one week before. They told me not to worry about caffeine, as it wasn't going to affect it enough to make a difference. I drank coffee the whole week.

Back