• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How many teeth pulled in one sitting?

D

Dave_england

Hi all I'm having my whole top and partial bottom pulled begining on the 24th of this month. One question that is bothering me is how long between they'll leave it to pull both upper right, left and mid as It does not make sense to me to pull one side leave it weeks then pull the other side and repeat.

Hopefully this makes sense and someone could shed some light on the situation?

Thanks

Hi if they have decided to remove your teeth in more than one session they should have discussed this with you. Contact them and ask whatever you need to know. You should decide how you want the extractions doing whether it is all at once or done in stages.

They should discuss with you the treatment plan including how you are to going to replace the missing teeth. Are you having a denture ?

The time left between extractions can vary and it really is something you need to contact them about. If you had all the teeth extracted then a denture could be made beforehand and placed at the time of extraction so that you have teeth to eat with and also they would help shape the gums.

I hope this helps a bit and you do need to contact them to know more about what is going to happen and when, it is your mouth and you are in charge as to how this goes. They are there to advise you and act in your best interest. :butterfly:

I have just looked at your profile and see that it is eight teeth being extracted, there is no reason why you can't have all the teeth extracted and a denture made to be fit at the same time. Even if at a later date you are having implants this can be done.

Hi if they have decided to remove your teeth in more than one session they should have discussed this with you. Contact them and ask whatever you need to know. You should decide how you want the extractions doing whether it is all at once or done in stages.

They should discuss with you the treatment plan including how you are to going to replace the missing teeth. Are you having a denture ?

The time left between extractions can vary and it really is something you need to contact them about. If you had all the teeth extracted then a denture could be made beforehand and placed at the time of extraction so that you have teeth to eat with and also they would help shape the gums.

I hope this helps a bit and you do need to contact them to know more about what is going to happen and when, it is your mouth and you are in charge as to how this goes. They are there to advise you and act in your best interest. :butterfly:

I have just looked at your profile and see that it is eight teeth being extracted, there is no reason why you can't have all the teeth extracted and a denture made to be fit at the same time. Even if at a later date you are having implants this can be done.

Thank you for your reply =)

I've just got off the phone to my dentist and will intact be having 21 extractions over 4 visits with a majority of them 80% intact being roots which I've heard are easy peasy to extract

I'm glad I called as it's put my mind at ease and I'm perfectly happy with the plan:)

All starts on Wednesday with fillings and starting the extraxtion process as well as taking denture moulds

Hi I am pleased that you have had a word with your dentist and now you know the treatment plan. It sounds good to me and it is really good that you are now in the know and happy to start your treatment.

Always if you are in doubt or are not sure of anything contact your dentist they will only be too happy to help and keep you informed.

Good luck with your treatment, keep us posted :butterfly:

Back