• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I Actually DID it!!!

G

Gellia

Well, I actually got through the four front top extractions and implants yesterday. :jump:
Where it wasn't a walk in the park, I really don't think it was all that bad and that's coming from a true dental phobic.
The dentist first numbed my gums before he gave me the novocaine shots. I also had nitrous oxide but I swear it did nothing.
The dentist then numbed me with novocaine and extracted the teeth. That took all of about 5 minutes and I felt nothing at all. Within less than an hour, all four implants were in and my immediate partial placed. I got an RX for pain but really didn't need it at all.
This morning, my nose and upper lip are a bit swollen and I look a bit "simian" but I'm sure it will go away quickly.
No pain at all.
Anyone contemplating implants should go for it. I was so scared and it wasn't bad at all.
Good luck to all and thanks for all your well wishes. They really helped!
:grouphug:

That's great news Gellia :jump::jump::jump: - well done :respect:!!!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience here, I'm sure it will help other people who are planning on getting implants :thumbsup:.

Would you mind if I moved your post into the "Success Stories" section?

Please do move it. I'll gladly answer any questions I can if anyone wants to ask.
Thank you.

Hi Gellia and congrats:jump: I moved the post for you. I am with Lets...others will truley find inspiration from your post I am sure. I am scheduled for mini implants on Friday to secure my lower denture, and while mine are different from yours, it still helps to read your success. My hope is that someday I will be able to get regular implants to secure the top denture. Reading your post has been quite inspiring;)

Hello Gellia:

Good for you! I'm sure you'll be so happy now that it is done - isn't it funny how we almost worry ourselves to death and then after, it wasn't that bad.
Congratulations!!!!
Denise

There was no pain during the procedure at all. The novocaine is honestly the worst part.
No pain now either. I'm just really swollen. "Pumpkin Head" for Halloween comes to mind....LOLOL :giggle:
I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I was so scared before. Now I wonder what I was so scared about.

Back