• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I did it and I wish I hadn't

B

bronze

So last wednesday I gathered myself and went and had three teeth out under iv sedation. I was so proud of myself and it was nice to go to bed for a day and recover while dh looked after the small people.
But I've had to book another appointment for this afternoon as I am still in agony. I count down the time until I can take another lot of painkillers and if I sleep for more than 4 hours I wake up in so much pain it takes me a couple of hours to get to a point where I can sleep again. So I'm basically getting 4 hours sleep a night (its half term!).
One tooth feels like it still has tooth left in it. Is this normal for a tooth that had basically gone before the extraction?
The other two on the other side ar emore painful though. The one nearer the front (premolar?) is agonising and the hole goes right down the side of the gum. The whole gum is swollen. I know I had big strong tough roots. It doesn't feel infected though. It's not hot or a throbbing pain.

I dunno
I'm just upset and angry. I thought I was doing the right thing. They didn't hurt before the extraction so now I've just spent hundreds of pounds to put myself in agony and have a week with my children feeling absolutely rotten. I wish I hadn't

And now I have to go back to the dentist where something needs to be done which I just know is going to be painful. I'm breastfeeding so am dreading being told that I'm going to have to stop because of meds as I don't think I can cope with a very upset small bo as well as this pain. Plus it's more money we don't have as my husband recently lost his job. I can't afford any treatment but I can't afford not to health wise

Sorry I'm rambling. I'm tired, upset and in pain and don't want to go but know I have to.

i am so sorry to hear of how much pain you are in, whats causing it according to the dentist? surely if there is no evidence of a dry socket - or 3 in your case - you should be free from pain if no infection is present?
i really hope you get this sorted ASAP
sending you lots of healing hugs xxx:grouphug:

Hello..

I'm Sorry I Can't Offer Any Advice But I Really Hope You Feel Better Soon..!!

Laura..x

When is your dentist appointment.. If it's dry socket which Thank goodness i have never had but i have heard of people who had it and when they went to the dentist they got instant relief when the dentist seen what it was or it could be an infection. I am so sorry you are going through all this pain

Back