• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I got two out of three implant crowns put in

M

MountainMama

I just got back from my appointment to get my implant crowns. I now have my two lower right molars! ?
The dentist wasn’t happy with the front tooth crown, so he wants to send it back. The color was a little light and the abutment was metal and he said it showed through dark at my gums, so he wanted to get a zirconia abutment instead. So I have to wait until March 24 to get that one now. I also had an issue where my gums were not “stretched” enough for the crown. He didn’t want to laser the gums and remove tissue so he put in a larger healing cap to help stretch them. He ended up having to give me shots to numb the area as soon as he started trying to place the crown, as it hurt a lot! That was due to the gums not stretching enough.
So I have molars, which is exciting! My mouth is very, very sore right now, but I can’t wait to eat on that side again!

Heyyy, sounds like good news! Congrats! Glad it went well - except the pain - hope the shots were ok. How do you feel regarding the fit of the crowns? I know you were worried about it, but not sure whether you meant the molars or the front tooth.

Any special plans for dinner today now with two lower right molars? :)

Heyyy, sounds like good news! Congrats! Glad it went well - except the pain - hope the shots were ok. How do you feel regarding the fit of the crowns? I know you were worried about it, but not sure whether you meant the molars or the front tooth.

Any special plans for dinner today now with two lower right molars? :)

The back molar did hit high but the dentist was able to adjust it. It still feels a little weird but the dental assistant said that was because I wasn’t used to having my top teeth touch the bottom. If it still feels off in a few days I will call back. He did grind a bit on the top tooth opposite so I am super hesitant to ask him to adjust more as I don’t want more grinding n that tooth! He said he was just softening a really pointy cusp.
The first molar fit just fine! The dentist used the carbon paper and adjusted it for a long time.
My mouth is so sore that I can’t even think of dinner! Lol! I am trying to eat some spaghetti right now and it feels so weird to chew on those teeth. I am sure it will take a few days to feel normal.

At least your dentist is trying to give you a good result.

At least your dentist is trying to give you a good result.
Yes! I was very happy with that. He wants it to look right. I was very pleased with how he handled things today.
Thank you for your advice as well. The screw retained crowns were so simple and there was no clearance issue at all, just minor adjustments.

Oh how exciting for you! You must be so relieved and happy! Congratulations!

Back