• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I heard penicillin can make your gums swollen and sensitive, etc is that true??

A

anxiousgirl83

I heard penicillin can make your gums swollen and sensitive, etc is that true??

Hello everyone!!
I m making a quick post here because I had all my 3 wisdom teeth pulled last Fri morning ( it s Tuesday now), my recovery is going GREAT!, I only took 2 painkillers cause I had almost no pain at all so I m very happy about that.
I tend to have swollen/redish gums but I m about to start a deep cleaning treatment with my dental hygienist and I suppose that s gonna help a lot.
I was doing much better with my gums before the surgery due to good brushing and flossing, etc but since I was afraid to hurt my wounds after surgery I stopped brushing my teeth for a couple days and now I noticed they r redish and sensitive again...
I read somewhere that penicillin ( the antibiotic I ve been taking since Fri and today it s my last day) can cause gums to be swollen, sore, etc...
Is that true? has anybody heard anything about that??
At first I thought it was because I have that tendency and not brushing my teeth the first couple days might have caused it, but now I m thinking this antibiotic could have caused it too...
I m glad today it s my last day to take it cause sore gums are not comfortable and I don t want my hygienist to get mad at me when I go and think I didn t brush my teeth correctly..lol
Anyways, any help or date will be greatly appreciated!

Leslie

PS: I just ordered some perio biotics and gum perio balance pills because they are supposed to help with this and to make the " oral ph balance" better I ll let u know how it goes, I saw good reviews about that as well.

Re: I heard penicillin can make your gums swollen and sensitive, etc is that true??

no no

Back