• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I may have a broken cusp ... not sure, please help!

R

reebster

Yesterday I noticed that one of my back molars was feeling a little sharp. Using a mirror, I can see a faint line (a crack?) on the very back of the tooth, and I think that maybe a small bit of the cusp has broken off. My gumline appears to be unaffected. I have not had any pain whatsoever, and the only hint I have is that line in the tooth. Does this sound like a major problem? The tooth is not visibly decayed and I can't see any cracks along the side of the tooth. I'm a little freaked out because since it's a holiday weekend, I can't reach my dentist until Monday to find out whether this is a serious problem.

Hi and Happy New Year.
From what you say- it doen't sound like anything to panic about. Get an appointment when you can and avoid eating anything too tough on that tooth until then!
regards
Dr Mike

Back