• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I need a dentist or someone with full implants to answer this.

T

tazey

So today my consultant did more try ins lots of screwing+unscrewing,he intends to fit them next appointment (even tho I still think they look awfull). They feel like a pair of chunky dentures with a big but of plastic on the roof of my mouth,am I right in thinking implants shouldn't feel like that? also dont see how you could possibly eat or drink like that. I did not wait 7yrs for this. ?

Hi,

New set of teeth is a huge step and surely it takes time to get used to the new feeling and look.
Maybe someone can come with you to your next appointment to evaluate its esthetics?

I always have someone with me but they aren't going to say they look bad as they want this over just as much as me. Implants shouldn't feel like that tho right? I mean if that was the case I would have just got dentures from the start,I don't want that constant feeling of something there.

Something is there, a big lump of acrylic that wasn't there before :)
It's going to take a long time to get used to it when you've had nothing in your mouth for years.

But people that have had it done don't say it feels like that especially in the roof of your mouth.

There are different kinds of implant supported "false teeth". Was this not all discussed with you at the start of your treatment?

There are different kinds of implant supported "false teeth". Was this not all discussed with you at the start of your treatment?
I've changed consultant once but no neither have gone into great detail. Not sure how this can all be finished in 2 appointments.

I suggest you take a written list of questions with you for your next appointment then, it sounds like you've got some explanations due to you...

Back