• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I never thought this day would come.

M

Majes777

Hello all, I have not posted here before. I have been reading these forums for a few years and trying to bring myself closer and closer to a dental appointment. I last went to a dentist when I was 16 years old and am 33 now. So for 17 years I did not go to a dental office. I was so certain I would lose all my teeth, if not have a ton of cavities and crowns. I finally found the courage to look at my molars with a mirror and saw lots of spots I thought were cavities on them... So today I went out of terror my teeth would fall out.

I do not want this to seem like everyone's story and I guess life just threw me a get out of jail free card. I did not have one cavity, gums were in great health and on top of that my recessed gums were from stress clenching, not gum disease. The weird brown spots? Stains. A weird looking tooth in the back? A sealant that had turned brown but it still functional.

A lot of us on here can face our problems but they appear to be mountains. I spent YEARS worrying myself to death about my teeth and it was all for not. If I had just gone I would have known that. I know people here have incredible challenges and problems - but the first step which is the hardest we all share. Maybe months of treatments for some of you, a couple sessions, a cleaning... be brave and face it!

I can finally go to bed in peace. I can resume life away from this bizarre dental fear I grew to know. I wish you all the best of luck! You have all helped me a ton! Thank you so much!:jump::jump::grin::grin:

Awesome news !! Thank you for sharing.. amazing how we worry... and then get such relief...knowing the news isn't as bad as expected!

Hello all, I have not posted here before. I have been reading these forums for a few years and trying to bring myself closer and closer to a dental appointment. I last went to a dentist when I was 16 years old and am 33 now. So for 17 years I did not go to a dental office. I was so certain I would lose all my teeth, if not have a ton of cavities and crowns. I finally found the courage to look at my molars with a mirror and saw lots of spots I thought were cavities on them... So today I went out of terror my teeth would fall out.

I do not want this to seem like everyone's story and I guess life just threw me a get out of jail free card. I did not have one cavity, gums were in great health and on top of that my recessed gums were from stress clenching, not gum disease. The weird brown spots? Stains. A weird looking tooth in the back? A sealant that had turned brown but it still functional.

A lot of us on here can face our problems but they appear to be mountains. I spent YEARS worrying myself to death about my teeth and it was all for not. If I had just gone I would have known that. I know people here have incredible challenges and problems - but the first step which is the hardest we all share. Maybe months of treatments for some of you, a couple sessions, a cleaning... be brave and face it!

I can finally go to bed in peace. I can resume life away from this bizarre dental fear I grew to know. I wish you all the best of luck! You have all helped me a ton! Thank you so much!:jump::jump::grin::grin:

That line is so true...'if i had just gone, i would have known'