• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

ill fitting crown

  • Thread starter Thread starter mohnsy
  • Start date Start date
M

mohnsy

Junior member
Joined
Nov 17, 2012
Messages
5
So, I had a tooth rctd. Crown prep etc. Its a rear upper molar.
Went to have crown fitted yesterday. Its like half a crown - doesn't cover the whole tooth so you can see some of the dark rctd tooth. It was nhs. I have Googled partial crown etc, can't find anything. I am mystified- is this normal?:D
 
Sounds like an onlay try searching that.
 
I have 2 or three of those. I think the term dentists use is an 'onlay' - but for simplicity they quite often just call them crowns.
Is it like this? Caution - pictures! https://www.blackswandentalspa.co.uk/dental/inlays-onlays/

Coolin :)

ps - no advertising intended ! Couldn't find a generic picture...:hmm:

EDIT pps - lol - I see DR kimsey got there before me....;)
 
Thanks, so that's my mystery solved. Its definitely like the ones in the picture. Feel like I have been conned! Looks worse than the temp crown I had. I guess I will have to raise it with the dentist. Wouldn't mind but its such a different colour to the tooth that left. Thanks for replies guys:)
 
The NHS doesn't provide you with aesthetic restorations on back teeth. As long as it fits properly and is functional then the dentist isn't obliged to do anything else.
 
Back
Top