• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

impacted canine extraction... I am so terrified :/

Batman99

Batman99

Hey, I am not a native English speaker. Sorry for mistakes.

So, I really want to have perfect teeth in my adult life but before i get braces I have to get my
horizontally impacted maxillary canine extracted.
I get scared something will go wrong during the procedure and
I will lose all my front teeth and
I will be in depression.
I am really scared and I can't stop thinking about it.

What can i do to calm down?
Can someone who had this before share his/her expeirence?

Last edited:
Hi Batman99 :welcome:,

I am sorry to read how much you worry. Dental procedures are scary, but the most important thing to keep in mind is that the fact you are afraid, it doesn't mean that something WILL go wrong. Most things we fear actually never happen. You seem to have a lot of catastrophic thoughts such as losing your teeth and becoming depressed. I was wondering where those thoughts come from - did your dentist tell you that this can happen?

This page is amazing to help you with finding reassurance and things to do - you can take a look at the what can help section here.

By the way, don't worry about not being a native speaker - Many of us here are not (me either). Your post is clear and understandable :)

All the best wishes

I am not a dentist but I had both upper canines impacted. Mine had moved to the roof of my mouth and were lying sideways. Mine were not being removed, but had to be exposed and then gradually moved down with braces. It was a pretty big surgery and a long process but I will say that dental surgery and orthodontics are amazing in what they can do! It was a long time ago but everything went well with no issues.

Hi Batman99 :welcome:,

I am sorry to read how much you worry. Dental procedures are scary, but the most important thing to keep in mind is that the fact you are afraid, it doesn't mean that something WILL go wrong. Most things we fear actually never happen. You seem to have a lot of catastrophic thoughts such as losing your teeth and becoming depressed. I was wondering where those thoughts come from - did your dentist tell you that this can happen?

This page is amazing to help you with finding reassurance and things to do - you can take a look at the what can help section here.

By the way, don't worry about not being a native speaker - Many of us here are not (me either). Your post is clear and understandable :)

All the best wishes

Hey its done and went great. haha
Finally I can get braces and I am so happy. :)))

Back