• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Indentation in roof of mouth - Sore and extremely painful - Lots of blood

S

seanpaul

tooth.jpg

A week ago I ate some really hot beans that burned the roof of my mouth. Within 3-4 days I realized it was getting more painful and not less, and suddenly felt this indentation in the roof of my mouth on the border on the inside of some of my upper teeth. You can see in the picture where the indentation is as its the large red area.

Earlier today (a week after the burn) I sucked some kanka mouth pain liquid through the tooth bordering the painful area (from the outside of the tooth towards the inside) in hopes that it would hit the 'side' of the wound and give it some pain relief. After sucking the liquid through the tooth and what felt like in between or right at the sore indented area (it felt almost like flossing into a sore tooth) there was a large amount of blood that was released. The indentation does not feel any less or more inflated/deflated than before or after the blood coming out. It was a very large (or two) spitful's of blood.

After doing the same sucking through the tooth with some saline water and washing out all of the remaining blood, it began to ache terribly. Its a 'cold' sort of pain.

Does anyone have any idea what this is!?! I have no insurance and am getting freaked out by the pain and blood!

Re: Indentation in roof of mouth - Sore and extremely painful - Lots of blood

If you burned your mouth very badly, it seems possible that a blister might have formed over the next few days causing the increasing pain. In that case, your rinsing might have broken the blister leading to the blood. It makes sense that so much nearby tissue inflammation might cause your teeth to hurt too. If this is what happened, it should start getting better and healing within the next day or two if you keep gently rinsing it with salt water a few times per day. If it keeps getting worse, or does not start getting better you should definitely have someone (dentist/ urgent care clinic) have a look at it to make sure it is not more serious, and to make sure you don't develop an infection. Good luck!

Re: Indentation in roof of mouth - Sore and extremely painful - Lots of blood

The top layer of gum is burnt off and will take a few weeks to look normal again.

Back