• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

infection after infection !!! after first part off root canal !!

M

mags02

:scared: hi guys ,
not to sure what going on with my teeth, never had any problems with my teeth till i had my last baby 10 weeks ago....it started with a throbing on my bottom front tooth, dentist told me i had an infection and needed a root canal so had first part of root canal done done 11 days ago....everything was fine up until 5 days ago i started getting really bad un bearable pain round that area again that was shooting up my jaw....dentist gave me more anibotics to take before the root canal can be finished.....have been taking them along with diffine.....and yet my tooth is feeling worse than it ever did....does this ean infection not clearing ????????????????:cry:

Don't panic too much. Sometimes it takes a while for the infection to clear, and often pressure can build up in the tooth canal that can hurt a lot. I've had teeth that took many weeks to clear up, and even had a couple where the second visit still didn't clear it up and the dentist had to re-medicate and send me home with another temporary.

I can't say that it's fun waiting for the tooth to stop hurting, but I certainly wouldn't give up hope.

thanks :) went dentist today and she opened up the tooth to drain it and she has left it open..... i have got a bit off relife from this but i am now worried i will get another infection with the tooth been left open ?